Hospice care is individualized with input from you, your caregivers, your physician and the Hospice Team of professionals who have extensive education and experience in end-of-life care to meet the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of you and your family.
Your Hospice Benefit includes:
- Nursing care including 24-hour on call availability to answer questions or make a visit. Nurses visit as often as is needed to manage the symptoms that develop as the disease progresses. They are also there to answer questions and prepare and support the caregivers.
- Physician services
- Aggressive pain and symptom management. Hospice nurses are skilled in this area and work closely with your primary doctor.
- Complimentary therapies including Music Therapy and Massage Therapy.
- Chaplain and social services.
- Home Health Aide and homemaker services
- Medical supplies and equipment such as oxygen, wheel chairs, commodes, beds, lift chairs and other supplies that may be needed.
- Medication related to the comfort of the patient and management of the disease
- Compassionate trained volunteers for emotional as well as practical help
- Bereavement support for family, friends and the community